The fastest growing exchange traded fund (ETF) managed by U.S. asset management company Vanguard is the Vanguard Energy Index Fund. Over the year to January 16, 2023, the ETF generated an annual return of 44.19 percent. Vanguard's fastest growing mutual fund was also the Vanguard Energy Index Fund, which grew by 38.4 percent. As of November 2022, the Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund was the largest fund owned by Vanguard, with net assets under management worth approximately 1.2 trillion U.S. dollars.
What is the difference between mutual funds and exchange traded funds?
Both mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) originate from the concept of pooled fund investing, which bundles securities together to offer investors a more diversified portfolio. However, mutual funds and ETFs have some key differences. For instance, ETFs offer more flexible trading as they trade during the day like stocks, while mutual funds only allow transactions at the end of the day. Moreover, ETFs are mostly passively-managed and mirror a designated index. On the other hand, mutual funds are typically actively-managed, as it can be seen by comparing the number of actively and passively-managed mutual funds in the United States.
Founded by John C. Bogle in 1975, Vanguard is a U.S. asset management company that offers both mutual funds and ETFs. Headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, Vanguard was the second largest provider of ETFs in the United States after BlackRock Financial Management, with assets under management worth almost 1.8 trillion U.S. dollars. Likewise, in 2022, Vanguard ranked among the largest providers of mutual funds worldwide. The total assets under management of Vanguard increased considerably since its foundation in 1975, and peaked at 7.3 trillion U.S. dollars in 2021.
- 10 Best Vanguard Funds.
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index (VTSAX)
- Vanguard Wellesley Income (VWINX)
- Vanguard 500 Index (VFIAX)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index (VBTLX)
- Vanguard STAR Fund (VGSTX)
- Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index (VTIAX)
- Vanguard Growth Index (VIGAX)
|Fund Name||5 years Return||3 years Return|
|HDFC Balance Advantage Fund||15.50%||16.60%|
|ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund||10.81%||8.48%|
|Kotak Standard Multicap Fund||13.24%||11.14%|
|Quant Infrastructure Fund||24.14%||38.02%|
The largest Vanguard ETF is the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF VOO with $272.74B in assets. In the last trailing year, the best-performing Vanguard ETF was VDE at 47.81%. The most recent ETF launched in the Vanguard space was the Vanguard Ultra-Short Bond ETF VUSB on 04/05/21.Which Global fund is best? ›
- DSP BlackRock World Mining Fund.
- Edelweiss ASEAN Equity Off-shore Fund.
- ICICI Prudential Global Stable Equity Fund.
- DSP BlackRock World Gold Fund.
- DSP BlackRock World Energy Fund.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life International Equity Fund - Plan A.
- Edelweiss Europe Dynamic Equity Off-shore Fund.
- ICICI Prudential US Bluechip Equity Fund.
- Fidelity Zero International Index Fund (ticker: FZILX)
- Vanguard Global Equity Fund (VHGEX)
- WisdomTree Trust China ex-State-Owned Enterprises ETF (CXSE)
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM)
- SPDR Portfolio Europe ETF (SPEU)
- Fidelity International Real Estate Fund (FIREX)